Bramhope Scout Campsite
Bramhope Scout Campsite is situated some 8 Miles NNW of Leeds, and half a mile West of Bramhope Village. The campsite has thirteen acres (five and a quarter hectares) of ground surrounded by trees of many descriptions, with areas suitable for District, Troop and Patrol camping. There are several buildings which provide accommodation, facilities for indoor activities and field studies. Mains water available throughout the campsite, and there is a substantial toilet block.
Bookings and Enquires fall into two areas, and are handled by different people. Please direct your communications appropriately:
- Activities are handled by volunteers at the campsite itself. Make enquiries via a web form or by writing to Bramhope camp's postal address.
- Buildings and Camping accommodation is handled by the Booking Secretary (or deputy), but please check the Bookings calendar page to see if the building you are interested in, or if every camping pitch, is already booked.
This website provides an on-line brochure. The menu bar to the left groups the pages by subjects (e.g. Buildings, Pastimes etc.), in the same order as summarized below.
- A list of names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and web-links of officers, helpers, organisations and people you may need to contact. Also find out how to make provisional bookings with the Booking Secretary or make an enquiry about activities with volunteers at the campsite.
- Please see the charges for 2017.
- Copies of the forms in MS Word or PDF.
- Describes the camping facilities in detail, giving information about the layout of the campsite, explaining the services and facilites provided. A summary of how to access the entrance from the road is also given. Weekend opening hours provided.
- Maps showing the location of the campsite, the major roads, and the layout of the campsite itself.
- Ashton Activity Centre
- Purpose built for up to 43 people, with five bunk rooms of 8, plus a bunk room for disabled a kitchen, an activity/dining room, toilets, showers, and a small drying room.
- The Lodge
- Provides accommodation for small groups of up to 22 people, it has a kitchen, night toilet, and a dining/activity room.
- The John Briggs Centre
- This building provides accommodation for 38 people in six dormitories. Inside the building are a kitchen, male & female toilets, a shower, and an activity room/dining area.
- The Annexe
- A small timber building next to the John Briggs centre for day use as a class room, study centre or indoor activities.
- Barbecue Griddlery
- A covered shelter with seating for 32 and charcoal griddles to grill a barbecue feast.
- Locally and around the Leeds & Bradford area there are many tourist attractions and places to visit. Take a look at activity centres, museums & health facilities.
- The are many opportunities and facilities provided on the campsite such as equipment for games: pedal Go-Karts, a giant push ball, play parachute; training: rifle shooting, archery, climbing, Gladiators, obstacle course, orienteering, or games pack.
- Child Protection
- Bramhope Scout Campsite requires visiting non scout/guide organisations to comply with the Scout Associations Child Protection Policy.
- Campsite Rules
- You must make the Campsite Rules known to all your Leaders, children and other members of your group.
- Terms & Conditions of Use
- Formal statement of Terms and Conditions, also known as “The small print” or a contract.